XT660R Heaven

XT660R Heaven
Life on the road is fab...

Sunday 29 June 2014

Utah - Red, Red Rocks of Moab!!

Wow, this is a beautiful piece of country... I could live here happily & play forever more!!

We set off from Monticello late this morning knowing we had just 100 miles of riding to do, a long lazy breakfast of bagels with cream cheese in a very nice little cafe, sat in the sun... mmm happy days.

The boys waiting for me!!
Utah in the sun



Wanna a sweetie young man??
The trail left the tarmac onto gravel county roads pretty swiftly & then headed through LaSal & up towards Geyser Pass which then would drop us into Moab. The trail up was great, generally easy with one little tricky section before dropping into some lovely meadow.


This then slowly changed in terrain as we lost height & the red sandstone formations started to appear & become more dramatic as we wound our way down. I've taken a few pics here, but a lot of GoPro footage, so I'll post the links when we get good internet again, it's only OK at this motel I'm afraid.

Anyway we kept stopping to take more pictures as the views just got better & better, so there is a random few below... enjoy!!






Oh & I bought a new cap to replace the one I lost in Nepal!! Now its time fro beer & a burger in Stiffy's bar...


So Sunday is the White Rim Trail... loads of pics & film from that I bet... have fun all


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.